Iron Gate

An Airtight construction gate with a small rectangular entrance, it is Located in the western corridor of the Al-Aqsa Mosque between the gate of the cotton merchants and Bab Al- Nazir. It is also called Argun’s gate, a Turkish name means iron in Arabic, and it was named for the renovated Mamluk Prince Argun Kamli, which renewed between years 755-758h / 1354-1357m.

Besides the Iron Gate from the northern side, there is a bond called the bond of the Kurds, and it is Next to the wall of Al-Aqsa Mosque. Bonds are Buildings spread out in Jerusalem during the Ayyubid and Mamluk period to adjoins Al-Aqsa Mosque lovers bond for the sake of God and in defense of the Holy Land. This bond stopped by the headquarter Saifi Kurd; the owner of the Mufti of Egypt, he is A senior leaders of the Mamluks in the reign of Sultan al-Nasir Muhammad, in 693 E – 1294, to house the poor and pilgrims and visitors coming to Jerusalem. This bond consists of three floors, the first floor occupied by this bond, the second continued the core of the school and the third floor has been recently built in the Ottoman Empire, then destroyed some of its parts and turned into a home for housing, inhabited by a group of al- Shihabi..

The occupiers issued the bond on the first floor and established a control point next to it in 1997 where it was converted to a position of prayer, such as the Wailing Wall, and named it «Hakutl Hakatan» which means «Little Western Wall», claiming that the wall contains large stones dating back to the era of the alleged temple. Zionists settlers and soldiers hinders people who come to this wall on entering the Al-Aqsa Mosue from the Iron Gate Which is threatened by the fate of the Western Wall adjacent to the Mughrabi Gate (which is called Zionists as the “Wailing Wall”), which is closed to Muslims since the occupiers issued the wall. ..

Moreover, the upper floors of the bond Kurds flawed and threatened to fall because of the excavations and tunnels carried out by the Zionist occupation authorities along the western wall of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, which had been caused partly collapse of the bond in 1972, and condemned by UNESCO, it decided Since that year considered the old town of Jerusalem within the World Heritage in Danger List.

As for The southern side of the iron gate, there is  Alorgh school next to it . Prince Argun Kamli stopped it in 758 AH / 1356, he completed its construction after the death of Rukn al-Din Baybars Aagafha Saifi in the following year.